We pride ourselves on our personalized and caring customer service, from our managing partner to our drivers, to our dispatchers, to our office personnel. We always tell our clients that we are transparent and trustworthy. We don’t just talk the talk, we prove it everyday.
It’s not often that a company will allow a visitor into a staff meeting, but we are doing just that. Last month, we brought our employees together and talked about our core values and everyone pledged to uphold them.
It is our pleasure to take you behind the scenes and show you how we promise to stay true to our values and serve you as our client. Read on to see our pledge form.
- Safety is not only about avoiding damages to equipment and jobsites; it is about YOUR SAFETY and wellbeing. You make a living with your driving, we do not want to jeopardize that in any way. STAY ALERT AND DON’T TAKESHORT CUTS in order to prevent and minimize accident.
- Injuries can prevent you from enjoying life outside of work. Everyone wants to have a long and healthy life.
- Injuries can disable you from driving. Your family depends on your driving for financial stability. DOT infractions can cause you to lose your license.
- Health: take care of your health as much as you can. Eat healthy, sleep well and don’t over-stress. If you lose your DOT card you lose your ability to work.
- Safety violations, accidents and DOT violations also affect your peers/co-workers. These incidents go on public record, which can hurt our Insurance Score/Rates, DOT license (as a business) and loosing out on bigger jobs that the customers screen our DOT record before using our service.
- Our service separates us from the competition and earns us customers. Because we are:
- Courteous – polite, respectful and considerate of the customer. Put yourself in “their shoes”, we have to explore all options to try and meet their needs/expectations. They depend on your expertise to have successful project.
- Reliable – Not only about being punctual, but they rely on us to be efficient with our service. Not all jobs are going to be easy, but that is why they called us. If anybody can do it SAFELY, it is SELECTIVE.
- Attentive – Attention to detail, from customer requests to better ways to get the job done.
- Go the extra mile. Little things enhance the customer’s experience. Use plywood, call ahead, use cones and flags to help with traffic. Even something as simple as a greeting and smile will make the customers like our service more.
- Remember, happy customers benefit us in the short and long run. These are the people who will push for us when trying to decide who to use on jobs, especially in the winter. Make them remember YOU.
- We represent SELECTIVE. From the first phone call with a customer until he signs your ticket, it is responsibility to make sure we do our job properly (Paperwork, Safety, Service).
- How we act and do our job affects all Selective employees. Bad attitudes, accidents, miscommunications can lose us customers. Which means, less work for all of us. Whether we or the customer are having a bad day or not, our standards should not be lowered. You owe it to yourself and your peers.
- Apart from working hard for yourself and teammates, we need to also RESPECT and TRUST each other. From management to dispatch to the drivers; working together is going to bring us success.
I__________________________________, (Print Name) attended Safety Meeting today Friday 7/27/18. _______________________________ (Signature)